Healthy living is more than just about what you eat. How about the aspects of slowing down, connecting with the earth, listening to the birds and creating your own organic vegetable garden? The joy of DIY sure beats the rising prices in the shops.
Here are a few tips to start or upgrade your patch:
- You can collect seeds from the veges you already have in your fridge…. dry them out and plant them.
- Look for treasure in your garden…self or bird seeded plants can be relocated to your vege patch. I found a strawberry plant amongst my roses one day…it has become two strawberry plants now as it grew to dividable stage. Also a tomato plant was found alongside my shasta daisies…it has taken over a corner of my raised garden bed, is braving the frosts and I look forward to early tomatoes.
- Ask a neighbour for seeds and seedlings….have a coffee together.
- Ask a friend…they may be pleased you are finally taking interest in their vege patch.
- Being a little warmer this morning than it has been…I was inspired to weed my raised garden bed. I found two ripe and ready cocktail tomatoes. The silver beet is robust!